Getting Back to Normal

Whew! 

These past few weeks have been a little crazy here in Seattle. 

I think I'm finally coming down from my football high. 

(yes, I love football AND crochet. :-) 

***

I've been wanting to pick up my paintbrush again and work with watercolors. 





I found a really great book that teaches you how to mix the paint. 

I'm the kind of artist that thinks I need to stay within the lines and I hate that 

about myself, so I'm working on it.  

I've used watercolor before, but I paint so exact that the finished piece doesn't 

even look like watercolor.

This book teaches you how to let one color run into the other. 

I'm really enjoying the process. 





My friend, Linda introduced me to this book, and I 

finally finished it today.  Loved it! 

I'm thinking of Snow Falling on Cedars next, have you read it? 





So, in my crochet world, I made a couple more tea towels, and 

tried a different crocheted edging this time.   





I also finished another doily. 

I made this one for my sister.  She likes hearts and red, so I hope she likes it! 

I haven't mailed it to her yet, and she occasionally reads my blog, so 

if you're reading this Cis, you'll have a surprise in the mail soon! xo




Finally, remember the afghan in blues that I'm crocheting?  Well, I'm putting all the 

squares together, but I've also started this baby girl afghan for a friend. 

80 little flower motifs, 8 rows of 10, so only 70 more to go plus the edging! 





It's been SO cold here lately! 

I never thought I'd hear myself say I'd be glad when it warmed up 

to the 50's again.  Those teens and 20's are just too cold for me. 

You guys in the midwest and east must be tougher than I am! 

Have a great weekend! 

I'm going to just stay warm and crochet! 

Becca 

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
we've been a lot colder than 'typical' in texas, too, so i understand. :)

love the red doily as i'm sure your sis will.

good luck with the afghan - very sweet!
andrea creates said…
your crochet work is beautiful! love those edgings :)

the watercolors are so pretty...

i too am wishing for warmer weather and that i were back in sunny california again right about now-we had minus 6 degree temps this morning.i'm ready for spring!
andrea creates said…
your crochet work is beautiful! love those edgings :)

the watercolors are so pretty...

i too am wishing for warmer weather and that i were back in sunny california again right about now-we had minus 6 degree temps this morning.i'm ready for spring!
Lisa Gordon said…
Oh my goodness, Becca, 20s would feel warm here! We are back in the deep freeze again, but hopefully not for too long.

I love your watercolors. I'm very much like you, when it comes to staying inside the lines. I once had an art teacher tell me that once you allow yourself to move outside the lines, you can develop your own unique style. I never stuck with it long enough to find out. :-)

Have a great weekend!
Unknown said…
Your Watercolor looks wonderful. So pretty. And I always enjoy seeing your crochet work. That baby blanket looks wonderful. Stay warm my friend.

Hugs~
Anonymous said…
Some of us stay inside the lines and some of use never did, your work is so lovely, be you. xox
Betty said…
You are truly a gifted artist with the painting and the crochet. They all look lovely.
Anonymous said…
Love the orange paint in the flowers. That's a great color to brighten anyone's cloudy winter day, xox
Kate said…
Haha! I love your comment about loving football AND crochet! Your watercolor work looks beautiful as do all of your crochet pieces! They make me want to go grab my hook and start a new project!

Hope you're having a great weekend!
Kate :}
Judy S. said…
Love your new projects, Becca. That was quite a week, wasn't it? Did you go down for the parade? I've read both those books, saw the movie of Snow Falling on Cedars also. Guess what? One of our choir friends is in Wild, the movie, which comes out next summer. So are you ready to hike the PCT?
Sigh. It's been a while since I came to visit, Becca, and saw your name on the list of commenters over at Linda R's blog. So glad I got to see your pics. So lovely! Your tea towels with crocheted edges stole my heart. :)

Take care!
Janine said…
You are so beautifully creative! I love it all. What is the name of the book that talks about mixing colors? I, too, am trying out watercolors again.
Catherine said…
Nope...I am thinking you would never make it in Saskatchewan Becca. LOL! But truly it's whatever you get used to right?
Looks like you have been working on some lovely projects.
Keep warm ~ and let us hope spring comes soon.
xo Catherine
Georgianna said…
Hi Becca,

Well, it's warmer now, isn't it? But that means rain, so it will be a wet week or two. We (Seattle) had a fabulous time during the Super Bowl, didn't we? I was happy to have you on the cheering squad. :) You've brought us good luck!

Hope you have a cozy weekend.

x

G
The water color is looking lovely, Becca, as is all of your beautiful crochet work!
We have been so cold and snowy here...but tomorrow will be 40 degrees! Thanks so much for your sweet comment about my kitchen!
Lots of gorgeous crochet! :) And nice watercolor. I wish I could hang out with you. Fun stuff. Best wishes, Tammy

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolor on Tea Bags

The Art of A Rain Chain

A Fresh Start