A Boost of Inspiration!

This past Friday, I had the pleasure of joining my friend, Judy

and we attended the annual 


in Issaquah, Washington.

Sadly, I didn't get the names for all of these artists.

I'm sure, however,  if you visit the BPQ website, I highlighted above, 

 you can get more information.

Here are some of my favorites: 






Even if you are not a quilter, or fiber artist, I think seeing these lovely 

pieces is an inspiration for your creative soul.

My photos do not do them justice either.  I wish you could have been there! 







Below is Dreams by Maria Michurina.

I love what she says about her piece. 

"All of my works are based on something I've seen; therefore, 

as a quilter, I definitely make what I see.  

Like everyone, I perceive the world in my own way;

so if you can't recognize the lady on the portrait, just believe me.

I meet her in a mirror everyday!" 




Some, were machine quilted, others by a Long Arm, and some, 

by hand.  This reminds me I need to practice free-motion quilting on 

my sewing machine! 



The show's featured artist was 

Linda Haddan.

Here are some of her works.  

Amazing! 
















Some other artist's quilts were more in the mixed-media category.

I wish I had my macro lens with me,  so you could have seen the

detail better in my shots.









I think it would be fun to try something like this!





Who doesn't love owls? 



Here is Judy

showing the row of hearts she pieced and contributed with other members of her group, 

The Friday Morning Strippers.

They are graciously, giving the quilt to a child at Ronald McDonald House. 




So many holiday themed quilts too.

I loved the face on this moon and how the scarecrows are dancing

by the light of the moon. 




Ok, I'm not a quilter, but I hear these tiny points are difficult!  




This show had a lot of vendors and quilt kits for sale.

Loved this one with Seattle in the background. 

No, I didn't buy it, however I did by a small, everything included kit, 

with cats on it...not that I'm a crazy cat lady or anything.

(maybe you will see my finished piece one year) 




I wish I had a better photo of this...this piece was outstanding and so beautiful! 




and finally...this cute little piece that would be fun to make. 




So, I hope you enjoyed my little tour of quilts from some of the 

talented quilter/fiber artists at the 

Block Party Quilters' 27th Quilt Show, Expressions. 

I will be back with one more Autumn post from my very recent visit to the 

Washington Park Arboretum...oh my, what a lovely place! 


Becca 

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
you cannot help but be impressed! that tree one makes me swoon!
Lisa Graham said…
Wow...the girl with the hair blowing, the owls and the best friends all stick in my mind as I approach the end...what an amazing thing to see!
RURAL said…
Oh my gosh the talent that just oozes out of there...wow.

Breathtaking.

Jen
Judy S. said…
It was inspiring, wasn't it? You got some great photos! Sadly I totally missed that tree. (and also the quilt by my friend Nancy!) Linda's work sure was amazing.
This show looks amazing...so creative and artistic...looks like a wonderful time!
Tracy said…
WOW... HUGELY INSPIRING... huge... This makes me want to sew something right now. And to become better at quilting! Thanks for taking us along, Becca, this was AMAZING! :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))
Lorraine said…
Thank you for the tour Becca - a really lovely selection!
She Who Doodles said…
it just amazes me what quilters are doing these days. these are not your grandmas quilts. beautiful and so creative.
Unknown said…
WOW! I am always amazed to see the work that goes into these quilts.. I bet it was a great show. I LOVE the One with the owls. But they all look wonderful.

Hugs~
Catherine said…
Arne't all those quilts fantastic! I know the amount of work that goes into a quilt (my great aunt has made many) and these are exceptional. Oh the hours that must have been spent on them. Priceless. Inspirational works of art indeed!

I think the one with the owls is my favorite.

Thanks for showing us Becca!

xo Catherine

Gillian Olson said…
Wow, thank you for taking us along, the quilts are fabulous.
Lorraine said…
love the quilts especially the blue one and the tree one..have just started to quilt myself but only small versions

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolor on Tea Bags

The Art of A Rain Chain

A Fresh Start